Miami-Dade County in Florida has established important OSHA safety training requirements for county construction contracts. OSHA Training is required for all construction employees on any Miami-Dade County public or private contract valued in excess of $1,000,000.
Our OSHA-accepted online training program satisfies the 10-hour or 30-hour training requirements established in the Miami-Dade Residents First Training and Employment Program. The OSHA Construction training courses are completed entirely online and result in the issuance of a OSHA training card.
Miami-Dade County, Florida OSHA Construction Training Requirement
According to Miami-Dade County, Florida, the County Code of Ordinances 2-11.17 requires OSHA 10hr safety training for construction workers and supervisors in Miami-Dade County Construction Contracts:
- Required for all construction employees on any Miami-Dade County public or private contract valued in excess of $1,000,000.
- § 2-11.17 (2) (a) County Construction Contracts means:
(i) a County contract valued in excess of $1,000,000 for the construction, demolition, alteration and/or repair of public buildings or public works, or
(ii) a contract or lease valued in excess of $1,000,000 which provides for privately funded construction, demolition, alteration or repair of buildings or improvements located on County-owned land.
- The OSHA 10 hour Construction Course must also be retaken every 5 years.
- Miami-Dade County, Florida, County Code of Ordinances 2-11.17, requires OSHA 10hr safety training for construction workers and supervisor in County Construction Contracts.
- OSHA Training provides an important overview of OSHA, workplace hazards, workers' rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
- 10hr only $79 - 30hr only $169!
- 15% OFF SALE: Enter Promo Code "OSHA15OFF" at Checkout
For other jobs in Florida, some companies require their employees to take OSHA training in order to be qualified to perform certain duties. However, whatever industry you work for in Florida – taking an OSHA Training Course is a low cost investment that rewards you with essential job safety practices that could one day possibly save your life. Most workplace accidents and injuries are preventable, so take a proactive step towards your workplace safety.
References: Miami-Dade County, Florida, OSHA Training 10-hour/30-hour – Construction
- Miami-Dade Small Business – Residents First Training and Employment Program
- Miami-Dade County – Code of Ordinances 2-11.17 – Residents First Training and Employment Program
- Miami-Dade County – Ordinance 14-26 – Amending Section 2-11.1
Save Money with Online OSHA Training
OSHA online training can be completed at a fraction of the cost of classroom training. It not only offers learning flexibility, but also help considerably to reduce training costs.
We are an OSHA Accepted Training Provider an provide training based on OSHA standards as required by 29 CFR 1926 (Construction).
- OSHA Outreach Trainer – Matt Luman – OSHAtrainer@360training.com
- Matt Luman is our OSHA Instructor of Record at 360Training.com. He is an OSHA-authorized Outreach Trainer for General Industry and Construction, and a PEC Core Compliance Instructor for the Oil and Gas Industry. Matt has many years of experience across multiple industry sectors including petrochemical, water, and clean-up operations, working as a trainer and mentor. He also has created auditing programs, standard operating procedures, and training curriculum for major corporations.
#oshatraining #osha10hr #osha10 #osha30 #osha10hrtraining #construction #miami #miamidade #florida